Member Controls

Developers > Retry Update and Local mode - in progress
quaxiLink to postposted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:15 pm
Avator for quaxi

Will be working on the local mode feature ("here the FileTable is not loaded") feature.

I'm also going to rewrite the Update Error Message (as Dicussed in the QA thread) to present a regular Dialog with  simple Retry or Cancel Buttons. 

quaxiLink to postposted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:50 pm
Avator for quaxi

The basic LocalMode is finished (Revision 406).

You can start SimPE now using

SimPE.exe -localmode

or 

SimPE.exe -localmode -noplugins

The first one will simply prevent the FileTable from loading automatically. You can still force it to load using the manual reload Icon in the Toolbar.

The second one will force SimPE to ignore all plugins during load, except pj*.plugins.dll and simpe.dockbox.plugins.dll.

I plan to change the Expansion Tab on Extra->Preferences to allow the user to set preferences wether to load a certain plugin or not in this mode. 

Inge JonesLink to postposted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:34 pm

Are you making a QA build for this, or waiting for Peter to do it in a day or two when he has hopefully fixed the career editor?
pljonesLink to postposted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:41 pm

"SimPe Main\Main.resx" now has

<value>Strg+O</value>
etc.  Nice in Germal Visual Studio.  As we know, not so nice in non-German VS! Looks like Microsoft decided it knew best (as that's the only change in the .resx).

I'm committing them back to Ctrl, as I think the German version is happy either way, right?

quaxiLink to postposted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 11:48 pm
Avator for quaxi

I am not creating a release right now, as it is such a minor change.

Sorry about the Strg. I accidentially open the main form, and that's when VS changed the Ctrl back to Strg.
Inge JonesLink to postposted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:55 pm

We have nearly enough to warrant a public release candidate QA.  Are you happy your changes in this thread are ready for that?
quaxiLink to postposted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:53 pm
Avator for quaxi

Sure, they should not interfere with the regular SimPE usage, as they only get active when the commandline switches are used.

I won't have the tim to do much more than migrating the server this weekend, so the user-configurable list of plugins to load won't be finished this week.

viewpost, 24384, 0