Member Controls

Developers > OBJD label reading to change - finished
Inge JonesLink to postposted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:04 pm

Quaxi, where in heavens name do you get your OBJD field labels from?  Cos they're not using the ones in objddefinition.xml !  Peter can't find them in your source, and I can't find them in the Registry, and they're not all the same as the old Behaviour Globals, even though most of them are.  Does SimPE have its own secret wisdom stored in the Universal Consciousness?
Inge JonesLink to postposted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:50 pm

Lol! Found it!  Labels from behaviour globals.  Quite out of date now, so Peter is going to change it to read the labels from the xml.
pljonesLink to postposted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:43 pm

Inge Jones wrote:
Lol! Found it!  Labels from behaviour globals.  Quite out of date now, so Peter is going to change it to read the labels from the xml.

Can I quote you on that..?

Oh, I have :).

Inge JonesLink to postposted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:31 am

Just to maintain accuracy, we've changed our minds and it will read them from Globalstrings.package which is part of PJSE (of course now largely considered part of core simpe due to existing dependencies).  The reason for this is that the layout of the xml makes it error-prone to ensure that all valid fields are included in the display.  It at least means that only one package needs updating for an EP.

viewpost, 24492, 0