Member Controls

English Discussions > Export Hood (Rufio) CSV question
celebkiriedhelLink to postposted: Sun Jan 11, 2015 4:45 pm

Hi Ghost, (or anyone else who still comes here)

Looking for a bit of help. What I would like to do is make a thing that will do similiar to the Export Hood, but instead of doing the sim and values, will list in a CSV, the (Plug-in View) of for example the SREL file types.

I have 1687 SREL in my current hood that I want to go through, and I don't want to have to do it by hand.

I am an analyst/programmer by profession (Mainframe Cobol) - but reading and amending programs and learning doesn't scare me.

Of course, I also don't want to re-invent the wheel.

I can't see anywhere in the current simpe where we can extract these files in bulk.

I've spotted the file layouts at the Mod the Sims Wiki, so that part looks do-able. What I don't have is the code of the Export hood to look at, to see what I'd need to do to tweak it.

Any help on this, and pointing me in the right direction would be gratefully appreciated.

Kiri

GhostLink to postposted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:18 am

The SimPE source code is posted on Sourceforge, with a link on the home page of the site.

I'll copy it here for you, although my browser is acting up so I can't get it to link properly tonight.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/simpe/files/

Good luck with your project.

I'm not a programmer, just the one who hung around when the lights went off. I don't know how much more help I can be unless you need someone to bounce ideas back and forth with. I am generally good at that.
celebkiriedhelLink to postposted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:31 pm

Thanks Ghost. I worked out that the source is stored under 'code' instead of files - which makes sense. Wading through it now, if I have questions I'll see what I can find.

Who knows what will come of it - no idea myself, but it's something to do. :)

GhostLink to postposted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:44 pm

Again, good luck.
jaiLink to postposted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:17 pm

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD LUCK:

viewpost, 32220, 0