Member Controls

How to... > Sex Change for Sims
faeriegothLink to postposted: Wed May 04, 2005 6:24 am

Ok i am new to this whole thing and a little confused. I got two of my sims to have a baby, but i want to change the sex from a girl to a boy. I went into SimPe, through the neighborhood browser, plugin view and found my sim and changed it from female to male. However when i went back into game, the toddler is still in a dress and such. I used the Insimenator to age the toddler to child to see if it would still be dressed as a girl and it was. So i exited out of the game without saving. How do i completely change the sex of the toddler?
nectereLink to postposted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:30 pm

Possible solutions

Not to sound obvious, but did you try planning an outfit and changing the clothes to the appropriate gender? How about change appearance in the mirror? When you said you aged the kid, how far did you go? Go up to at least a teen and see if the kid has the appropriate anatomy for the gender. If he/she does then just change the clothes from the dresser, if you don’t have any male clothes, try buying some first.

If all that failed…read on.

In the sim description files there is an option for show clothes, once you get to that screen you can change the clothes the kid is wearing. What you will do is click on each of the items in the list, you should see a picture, you can change this value by clicking on the arrow button, I think its called files or description or something like that, but its right next to the package button. Just try one, if you did it right you will get a pop up with a list of ages and two tabs, one for female and one for male, pick the one you want and the right age group. I don’t think you can pick up custom stuff from here, but you could at least reassign the type of clothing the child should be wearing.

Now back to the clothing inventory, do not however delete any of these in the list; you just need to reassign them. You can even do this for their hair and body skin. Now, I don’t know if that will take care of the skin issue permanently or not, but it will take care of the clothing issue. I mean I don’t know if when you tell SIMPE to treat as another sex if it really assigns the correct skin, and if you change the skin in the clothing files if it will really change for good.

I use the clothing inventory to change Sims appearance that for whatever reason cannot change appearance with a mirror, either due to a crash or a missing animation. (yes my sims2 is very buggy, and most of the npcs are buggy, nearly none of their offspring that looks like them can change appearance until they are teens, nor can they (the npcs))
faeriegothLink to postposted: Wed May 04, 2005 7:40 pm

thanks for the reply. I only aged the sim to a child and it was still dressing like a girl, with girl hair as well. I will try the suggestions you made and see how everything comes out. Thanks for your help!
HeartDecoLink to postposted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:39 pm

Export the child's image into Body Shop from the SimPE Surgery Plug-in. Recreate/tweak the child's gender and anything else you like, and select the initial outfit. In Body Shop or in CAS you can use your clone and reassign the genders and ages, from toddler to adult. Name it anything, such as Sonny Cloner, and Save - this will be your new gender correct clone. Go into the game and put 'him' into the family bin with any adult, it does not matter that there is a relationship, they are only for cloning. You can delete them after you are finished.

You can now go into SimPE and select the images for the Patient and his new clone and perform the surgery. You will now have the correct body information. I did this with the Grunt family in Strangetown - I changed Buck into a little girl.

Hope this helps,
HD
MoragueLink to postposted: Thu May 26, 2005 2:11 pm

There are a few steps you need to do to change the gender.

To figure out what the character number is, do Browse Neighborhood >> Sim Browser & find someone who knows the character (like the parent). Then look at the relationships tab & beside the character's name is the actual character number. This is the character file number you want to open.

1) Open the Character file in SimPe - the Character files are located in the My Documents/EA Games/Sims 2/Neighborhood/N00?/Characters folder. In Filetypes, click on the Catalog Description to make sure it's the correct name! Now click on Age Data & make sure the Plugin View tab is the current view. Look for the line that says Gender (dtUInteger) =
0x00000001 is female & 0x00000002 is male

Change this to the sex you want & click Commit.

2) Now, click on the Property set (in Filetypes) Go through each one & chage the gender to what you want (see above) & click Commit every time.

3) Do File >> Save

4) Now, do Neightborhood Browser, then Sim Browser & locate you sim. There's a box there that says Treat as male or female, check the correct one & then Commit & Save.

5) In the game, if it's a baby or toddler there's nothing you can do because they can't use the mirror but when they age transition they'll be the correct sex. If it's any other age use the mirror & choose Change Appearance. You don't actually have to change anything, just use it & click ok & the changes will be made.
silenthill_addictLink to postposted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:34 am

faeriegoth wrote:
thanks for the reply. I only aged the sim to a child and it was still dressing like a girl, with girl hair as well. I will try the suggestions you made and see how everything comes out. Thanks for your help!

But there's an easier way. Save it before the mother is suffering from that stomach ache or something and then if the baby comes out but it's not the specified gender you want, just go back to the neighborhood without saving and go back to that family. You'll notice that the gender of the baby will change each time you exit.

viewpost, 3649, 0